Senior Software Engineer
- Full Time
Senior Software Engineer - Data Platform
Kaskada is looking for an experienced engineer to drive the next generation of our data platform. We’re looking for an experienced engineer to help us extend our persistence layer’s features while scaling its capacity by orders of magnitude.
Kaskada has introduced a new way of thinking about features engineering for data scientists and a new query language for describing features. Rather than computing a static result, Kaskada computes a history of the query’s result as they change over time. This approach enables unique features like robust time travel and temporally-correct joins between tables, substantially reducing the time required to get ML models into production and improving the performance of those models.
What you’ll be responsible for
You’ll be responsible for developing the technical vision of our persistence layer and leading an engineering team in implementing that vision.
- Proposing and de-risking technical solutions for our customer’s needs
- Effectively communicating decisions and trade-offs to the team
- Implementing performant, maintainable systems
- Participating in weekly demos by sharing your own work and giving constructive feedback on the work of others
Experience we’re looking for
We’re looking for an experienced engineer who can ramp up quickly. Our priority is someone with a track record of success solving problems similar to our own.
Some specific skills that we would find impressive:
- Experience with our technical stack: Rust, Go, Parquet, Arrow, gRPC, k8s
- Experience with our problem domain: Columnar storage, Web-scale data management and processing, Distributed job management, etc.
- Experience leading teams of engineers
- Experience working in an early-stage company
What we offer you
Kaskada’s engineering team is small and adaptable. You’ll have the opportunity to have a substantial impact on the direction of our product and to be a part of a growing team.
Kaskada offers competitive salaries including equity. Employees are also eligible to receive benefits including health insurance, dental, and vision insurance; life insurance, 401(k) plan, and more.
We are a team of doers with leadership roots from Google and AWS. We are actively building a team of other top performers to join the fun. The company is funded by leading PNW and Bay-area VCs, including Voyager Capital, NextGen Venture Partners, Founders’ Co-op, and Bessemer Venture Partners.