Machine learning is changing the way the world does business. Recommendations are smarter than ever, and predictions are closer to reality. But is it good enough? Many predictions are still off-mark, and companies are missing opportunities to deliver stellar customer experiences and drive down costs with ad hoc data infrastructure and ML processes. At Kaskada, we are revolutionizing enterprise machine learning through the use of real-time data. Our team is delivering an end-to-end machine learning platform powering feature engineering and productionization.
Love solving challenging machine learning problems? Interested in using your skills across industries and use cases? Want to have a huge impact on product and customer success? Kaskada’s lead data scientist role has a unique opportunity to shape our core product, advise the development team, and work directly with customers on challenging data science problems.
The perfect candidate has deep data science experience and loves getting hands-on with data and feature engineering. This person is excited to share their passion for data science with others through working directly with customers, teaching and mentoring other data scientists, and sharing the results of challenging machine learning with the world. This role is part of the founding product team at Kaskada and will have enormous impact on the success and direction of the company and product.
- Consult enterprise data science teams: Help our customers and prospects solve their machine learning problems and get to success on the Kaskada platform. You will work directly with data science teams across a wide range of industries to understand their projects, advise them on the best approach, and gather feedback and requirements. This part of the role will expose you to cutting-edge machine learning projects at Fortune 500 companies and span a wide range of use cases ranging from predictive pricing to search and ranking to fraud detection to smart devices.
- Be our internal product expert: Work hand in hand with product, UX and engineering to define requirements for our machine learning platform through building POCs and experiments and by representing customer needs. Identify areas of potential product development or roadmap gaps through personal experience, customer feedback and industry trends. This part of the role will influence strategic product and business decisions across the company.
- Evangelize to data scientists and data engineers: Run ML experiments and share your ideas with the world through blog posts, white papers, webinars, and more.Build out a grass-roots following and grow brand awareness by engaging with other data science and big data influencers.
- 5+ years of data science experience building machine learning models and features (combination of industry and academic experience is OK). Data Engineering experience is a plus.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Engineering, Physics, or another technical field. Masters degree or PhD is a plus.
- In-depth understanding of machine learning using event-based data and manipulating large data sets.
- Experience and knowledge in using SQL and Python for machine learning.
- Enjoy working with customers and can quickly build trust and credibility.
- Love to blog and create content for your areas of expertise.
- Passion for teaching and mentoring other data scientists.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills.
- Passionate about building products that have real customer impact.
- Full of good ideas and not afraid to share them.
- Have a strong desire to be part of a small, lean and growing team.
Kaskada is a Seattle-area startup building a machine learning platform for event-based data. We are a team of doers with leadership roots from Google and AWS. We are actively building a team of other top performers to join the fun. The company is funded by leading PNW and Bay-area VCs, including Voyager Capital, NextGen Venture Partners, Founders’ Co-op, and Bessemer Venture Partners.
Kaskada offers competitive salaries including equity. Employees are also eligible to receive benefits including health insurance, dental, and vision insurance; life insurance, 401(k) plan, and more.