Full Stack Software Engineer
- Full Time
Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack
Kaskada is looking for an experienced full-stack engineer to own the customer interface to our compute engine. This role will be responsible for both our public API and the application used to manage it.
Kaskada has introduced a new way of thinking about features engineering for data scientists and a new query language for describing features. Rather than computing a static result, Kaskada computes a history of the query’s result as it changes over time. This approach enables unique features like robust time travel and temporally-correct joins between tables, substantially reducing the time required to get ML models into production and improving the performance of those models.
What you’ll be responsible for
You’ll be responsible for developing, maintaining and documenting the interfaces used by customers to interact with our compute engine, both programmatically via our API and in-browser via our management UI.
- Understanding customer’s needs and workflows
- Participating in and leading design discussions
- Developing more junior engineers through mentorship, code reviews and leading by example
- Implementing performant, maintainable systems
- Participating in weekly demos by sharing your own work and giving constructive feedback on the work of others
Experience we’re looking for
We’re looking for an experienced engineer who can ramp up quickly. Our priority is someone with a track record of success solving problems similar to our own.
Some specific skills that we would find impressive:
- Experience with our technical stack: Go, React, Python, gRPC, k8s
- Experience building and operating a public API and supporting client libraries
- Experience building data-centric user interfaces
- Experience working in an early-stage company
What we offer you
Kaskada’s engineering team is small and adaptable. You’ll have the opportunity to have a substantial impact on the direction of our product and to be a part of a growing team.
Kaskada offers competitive salaries including equity. Employees are also eligible to receive benefits including health insurance, dental, and vision insurance; life insurance, 401(k) plan, and more.
We are a team of doers with leadership roots from Google and AWS. We are actively building a team of other top performers to join the fun. The company is funded by leading PNW and Bay-area VCs, including Voyager Capital, NextGen Venture Partners, Founders’ Co-op, and Bessemer Venture Partners.